Sunday, August 12, 2012

Art Journaling

I have dipped my toes in to the deep ocean that is mix media art journaling....or at least mixed media.  This is my first attempt using some awesome inks from DYLUSIONS.  I had a class this summer at CHA with Dyan Reaveley that I was so excited to take.  She has some awesome stamps and the spray inks she has are so vibrant!

Materials:
Dylusions: London Blue Spray Ink
                  Cut Grass Spray Ink
Martha Stewart punch
Liquid Pearls: Key Lime, Pumpkin and Ocean Blue
Zig Marker
Gelatos
Perfect Pearls
Dylusions Masks

So I started this art journal on August 12, 2012.  This is my first page in the book. I am not sure where this is going but I enjoy the playing with paints and inks and glitters.

This page was created by spraying the inks directly onto the craft mat on my desk.  With a paint brush and a little pile of Perfect Pearls between the sprayed inks I just swiped my brush through to collect color and glimmer powder.  Then I spread the paint across the paper in a grid pattern.    After letting that dry a bit I used the masks and a Mister of water to remove some color.  Then it was a matter of adding Gelatos in random circles and finishing with some black marker.

No comments:

Post a Comment