Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Art Journal 3

I love this.  I really love this.  The first two pages were just playing, well, this is too...but this was my favorite by far.

Materials:
     DYLUSIONS: London Blue and Cut Grass
Perfect Pearls
Stickers
Gesso
Studio paints

Again, the background was the result from the first two swipes from the craft mat.  This is where I added a few spritzes of water to the mat and then put the paper down to collect the mess that was left.  It was a much more watered down green and blue this time.  To that I added a sheet of leftover stickers.....those random colored and random sized letters you sometimes have in your scrapbooking collection...I have piles of these stickers.....piles!  I must say, I have found a way to get rid of those mostly used sheets of stickers with only a few letters left or where all the good ones are gone.  I must do this again.  Anyway, after getting all the letters down, randomly placed on the sheet and just piled and piled on top of each other I used gesso to cover the random colors on the stickers and to prepare the glossy stickers for my paint wash later.  I used three colors of Studio Paints to color the top layer with emphasis on some areas on the sheet.  I can honestly say this looks SOOOO much better in person.  You just want to touch it.

No comments:

Post a Comment